Magic Matters 2.0

This post is about something called Magic Matters. Magic Matters is a website that me and my friend, Noah, created that teaches others how to perform magic tricks. Now, If you type in http://magicmatters.weebly.com/, It will not work. This is because the Weebly subscription is over. Now, Magic Matters 2.0 is not a website. Magic Matters 2.0 is the name of an after school program that Noah and I are making.

Magic Matters started with something called Guinness hour. Guinness hour is a name for 20% time. 20% time is a program created and used by Google. It means that employees spend 20% of their time working on anything they want. Things like Gmail are a result of this. Our project was a website that taught others magic tricks. Since we didn’t have much time to complete the project (we started with different projects) the website wasn’t entirely finished.

This year, Noah and I want to continue Magic Matters. This year, we are going to give a class at an elementary school (I’m not going to say where for safety reasons) for third and fourth grade. This class we are hoping to start sometime in March. We first are going to have to get permission to have this program, but we will start it eventually. Our mentor at Marvin’s Imagic has not responded yet, but if he/she doesn’t respond, We are going to have to contact someone else.